Friday, December 18, 2015

Janabe Mohsin ibne Ali (a.s.)

"And when the female infant buried alive is asked, for what sin she was killed."
(Sura At-Takwir – 81:8-9)

Mufazzal Ibn Umar, the respected companion and special deputy of Imam Sadiq (a.s) asked, “What is your opinion about these verses?
Imam (a.s) informed: “O Mufazzal, by Allah, ‘Maudato’ (i.e. infant) in this verse means Mohsin (a.s) and surely he is from us and not others. Those who claim otherwise are lying.”

Then Imam (a.s) elaborated (on the events on the Day of Resurrection) "Fatimah, the daughter of the Allah’s Messenger will supplicate ” O Allah fulfill Your Promise and Your Pledge with me with regards to those who oppressed me, usurped my rights, struck me and distressed me with regards to all my children..."1

Mohsin Ibn Ali (a.s) is the third son of Ali (a.s) and Fatimah (s.a) after Hasan (a.s) and Husain (as). He is also referred to as Mushabbar which is also the name of Prophet Haroon Ibn Imran’s (as) third son. He was no more than six months fetus at the time of the attack.2

BURNING OF THE DOOR & THE MARTYRDOM OF JANABE MOHSIN (A.S)
There are plenty of narrations which proveMohsin ibn Ali (a.s) martyrdom from the attack on Fatimah's (s.a) house. Those interested in seeking the truth of the matter should not be surprised to find scores of scholars and historians (Shia and Sunni both) record the martyrdom of Mohsin ibn Ali (as) in a manner that puts the issue beyond doubt.

Here we present a letter which Umar's  wrote to Muawiya  regarding the attack on the house of Janabe Zahra (s.a), the contents of which were as follows:

‘I went to the house of Ali, after having decided with others to bring him out of the house. Fatima came out and I told her, ‘Tell Ali to come out and swear the oath of allegiance to Abu Bakr (l.a) for all Muslims have done so.’

Fatima (s.a) replied that Ali (a.s) was busy in arranging the Quran.

I said, ’Keep this talk aside, tell Ali to come out or else we will forcefully enter the house and bring him out!’

At that moment, Fatima came and stood with her back towards the door and said, ‘O misled liars! What do you say and what do you want from us?’

I addressed her and she said, ‘what do you want O Umar?’

I replied, ‘Why has your cousin sent you here to reply while he remains seated behind veils?’

Fatima said, ‘Your rebellion has brought me out O Umar and I have ended my proof upon you, and every misled is erroneous.’

I said, ‘Keep these vain and womanish words aside and tell Ali to come out of the house.’
She replied, ‘You are not worthy of love and generosity. Do you make us fear the ‘Party of the Devil’ O Umar? Verily the Party of the Devil are the losers!’ (Surah Mujadilah (58): 19)
Hearing this I said, ‘If Ali does not come out of the house, I will bring fuel and kindle a fire and burn down the house along with its dwellers or I will take Ali to the Masjid for (the oath of) allegiance.’

Then I took the whip (of Qunfudh) and struck Fatima with it and told Khalid b. Walid, ‘Bring firewood’, then again I told her, ‘I will burn down the house!’
Fatima said, ‘O enemy of Allah and enemy of the Prophet of Allah (s.a.w.a) and the enemy of the Commander of the Faithful!’

Two hands came out from behind the door to stop me from entering the house, however I pushed back the hands and then pushed the door with force, while striking at her hands with the whip, so that she would let go of the door. She wailed and wept due to the intense pain of the whip and her weeping was such a heart-rendering scream that it was as if my heart was going to melt and I almost retreated. Suddenly, I recalled the envy and avarice which I had towards Ali because he was the one that had shed the blood of the eminent Quraish apostates and thus, I kicked at the door, however she had grasped the door such that it would not open. When I kicked at the door, I heard the cry of Fatima and thought that this cry would topple the entire city of Medina.

In this state Fatima called out, ‘O Father! O Prophet of Allah! How do they treat your beloved and your daughter! O Fizza! Hasten to my aid, for by Allah, the child in my womb has been killed.’
I presumed that Fatima had stood with her back to the wall due to the extreme pain of labour and at this point, I pushed at the door with intense force and the door opened. When I entered therein, Fatima came and stood in front of me (even though she was in immense pain), but my intense anger had overwhelmed me as if a veil was cast before my eyes. In this state, I slapped her on her face, striking her veil, and she fell down to the ground.’”

(This letter is quoted by AllamahMajlisi r.a. in Behaar al-Anwaar in which he says - I have related this letter from Dalail al-Imamah vol. 2 of Emaad al-DeenTabarir.a. that after the martyrdom of Imam Husain a.s. at Karbala, Abdullah b. Umar l.a. along with a group of people from Medina came to Syria. They protested in front of Yazidl.a. regarding his atrocities at Karbala and in this gathering, Yazidl.a. told Abdullah b. Umar l.a., “Do you wish to see the letter of your father”, saying this he brought forth the letter (quoted in the text) of Umar l.a. which was kept in a case and then he gave it to Abdullah l.a..)

Hazrat Ali (a.s) came out in such a condition - his eyes were reddened and his head uncovered. He placed his cloak over Hazrat Zahra (s.a). He embraced her and called out to Fizzah,

"O Fizzah! Come and support your princess. See how she had been suffering at the door."

Hazrat Mohsin was martyred at that spot. Hazrat Ali (a.s) said,
"He will meet his grandfather - the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a) and describe this tragic event to him. O Fizzah! Please take Fatemah inside the house."3

Another narration states that Qunfuz (l.a) struck her with the whip on her face, her sides and her arms such that the blue marks of the injuries remained on her arms till she was martyred. If not anything, one can surely say that this event was the primary cause for her martyrdom.

Another report mentions that Khalid ibne Waleed struck her with his sword.
Yet another report informs us that Khalid ibne Waleed pushed the door with great force on her. It is for this reason that reliable historians hold Khalid responsible for the death of Janabe’ Mohsin in the womb of his mother.

As per another narration it is reported that, MoghayrahIbne’ Sho’bah struck her with his sword with such force that she bled profusely. Or that he caused the door to fall on her womb. Historians have also held Moghayrah responsible for the martyrdom of HazratMohsin.

Some narrations state that Umar struck Janabe’ Zahra (s.a.) with the sheath of his sword, and lashed her with a whip till her arms were blacked by the wounds.  And these marks remained with her till she died.4

Conclusion:
Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a) had frequently said: "Fatimah is a part of me. Whoever makes her angry, makes me angry."

Allah (swt) says in Qur’an:
"(O Prophet) tell (people) I don’t ask you any wage except to love my family.”(Sura Ash-Shura - 42:23).

But, those who claimed to be his sincere companions entered the house of Ali (as), J.Fatima (s.a), Hasan (a.s) and Husain (a.s) without permission, lashing the side of Lady Fatima (sa), burning the door with the fire, beating on the hands of Janabe Fatima (sa) with whip, injuring her womb and miscarriage of Mohsin (as) while a week had not been passed since the death of the Prophet (s.a.w.a).

IS THIS THE LOVE, ALLAH ORDERED FOR THE FAMILY OF PROPHET?

May Allah curse the killers of Mohsin Ibn Ali (a.s) and hasten the reappearance of the Last Imam (as) who will avenge the blood of Mohsin Ibn Ali (as).Ameen!
---------------------
1. Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 53 pp. 23-24
2. Al-Hidaayat al-Kubra, p. 407, Behaar al-Anwaar, vol. 53 p. 19
3. Al-Hidaayatul Kubra, pg.407
4. Oppression on the Ahlulbayt (a.s) p.61-64

No comments:

Post a Comment